1.4
Layout of Store

Clearly labelled "Apple Turnovers" purchased at Loblaws Humbertown, (Rae-Lynn Sreadwell, manager) had STRAWBERRY filling!Since I'm allergic to strawberries, I'm having a reaction so I must now go to a hospital emergency room.

This is the second time this has happened at this store. The first time Loblaws DID NOTHING to resolve the situation, even though it was explained to them how dangerous an allergy can be (just as bad as peanuts). This time I called my lawyer first...looks like we'll be suing them.

Maybe that will get their attention, and more care will be taken to how they package their in- house baked products.My next call will be to the media to warn the public of the very poor and indifferent way Loblaws deals with complaints.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Compensation for suffering, ( Anaphylactic shock, hives, severe itching), public admission of fault by Loblaws, and implementation of program to educate staff on the importance of paying attention when packaging and labelling food products..

Had an Experience with Loblaws Grocery Stores?

Comments